Old 17-08-2004, 05:52 PM
DigitalVinyl

Default Bad Jalapeno vairety- Jalapa

I bought pepper plants late this year and I didn't pay attention. I
bought a variety called "Jalapa" which is a little smaller than I
like. More importantly they don't turn red, they just rot on the
plant. I've thrown away about 15 peppers that after cracklin developed
rot points--often softening at the tip and dripping the insides out as
soggy ooze. NOrmally I leave peppers on the plant till I use
them--always harvesting reds (or with jalapeno crackled) first cause
they are them most mature. I can't do that with this variety! They
rot instead. When turning that brown color as they transition from
green to red that meant they are already bad!

What a disastrous variety! Live and learn

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
2nd year gardener
http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalfrazier/