Old 17-08-2004, 07:30 PM
escapee

Thanks guys. I am going to prune it out this weekend. Our first frost is not
expected for another three months, or more, so I am safe if new growth develops.
Here, most trees and turf go dormant at this time of year. It's not a true
dormancy, but nothing grows till the rains return next month.

I'm on my way out into the heat!

On 17 Aug 2004 09:32:07 -0700, (Beecrofter) opined:

Prune now, pay attention to pruning just outside the branch collar.
Monitor the pruned area and don't let any suckers develop -rub them
off with your thumb.
If you are removing a large limb reduce the weight on the limb before
making your final cuts so as not to tear the bark.