Old 17-08-2004, 05:55 PM
~ Windsong ~

"Roy" wrote in message
Was at Wal MArt today and happened to see a heap of preformed ponds
setting on a pallet outside the garden section. (15 total preformed)
I looked at them and there were two sizes / shapes, both relatively
large in size, but no price on them..I inquired inside on how much
they were, (actually hoping they may be discounted for clearance) and
no one inside could tell me what the story was, so they called
management. Management came and I asked about the preformed ponds
outside and how much they were. I was promptly told they were not for
sale and were to be trashed.....and then.........She promptly
reminded the assocate there to make sure they were cut in two before
they got thrown in the large construction dumpster out
back...........

## Wal-Mart used to sell off all their plants and trees (very reasonably)
late in the season. You could get great deals. Then one of the long time
employee there told me they stopped that! They now trash them rather than
mark them down. They do that to stop people from WAITING until the mark
downs. Can you believe the GREED of Wal-Marts owners/stockholders?She told
me this when I asked her about a huge pile of shrubs, trees and large potted
plants behind the building.

Only in America.......where excess bountiful materials and goods are
trashed before selling.

## You got that right. :-(
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"Whenever you meet a man who would make a good husband,