Old 17-08-2004, 05:54 PM
Sacha

On 16/8/04 19:50, in article , "Alan R Williams"
wrote:

Stephen Howard writes:

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 09:39:21 +0100, Kay
wrote:

In article , Peter
writes

Respond to stimuli is one of the six things that all living things
do. I have been trying to remember the other five:-
Eat, breathe, reproduce, grow and ???. Judging by myself the sixth
thing could be forget!

I knew this a year ago when my son was doing GCSEs ;-)

But my mind has gone blank. /goes and searches out Revision Guide

First - it's seven, not six ;-)

Movement
reproduction
sensitivity
nutrition
excretion
respiration
growth

What about death?

It's not a necessary characteristic. An amoeba, for example,
reproduces by dividing itself, so it satisfies reproduction. It's
dubious though if you can say that the parent has died.

But perhaps it mourns its inner child........... ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk