Old 17-08-2004, 03:12 PM
Doug.

"marie" wrote in message

Hello,
Not a very happy post for my first one, but i could really do with

some
help on this.
I have a garden which is situated at the rear of my gable end house.
It is fenced off with fencing that has vertical gaps between lengths

of
wood,
I have lined, all along the inside of the fence with conifers, i done
this three years ago, the conifers have thrived and before they died,
had reached a height of roughly three feet.
The local council came round and sprayed the pavements around my

garden
with weedkiller, within two weeks they were dead.
I am at the moment in dispute with them over this, they are not
accepting responsibility for their actions.
It was too much of a coincidence for them to deny this.
Their first response was to blame the pea gravel which has been in
place around the base of all of them since the day were planted, he

had
the cheek, (or is it the stupidity) to suggest that the lime had

killed
them.
I am at a loss as to how to prove their weedkiller actually killed
them, and this is the area with which i need help.
I am refusing to accept their childish attitude on this, and i will

not
keep quiet.
I have spent hundreds of pounds on my garden, and am not prepared to
simply write this money off, as the council would like me to do.
So, any suggestions on this would be greatly received, and
appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

marie

******
A very difficult one, marie!. I feel very sorry for you.
I have been for a year fighting two Schoolmarms in Barrow-in- Furness
who threw me out of a computer course because when discussing spam I
said the dread word Paedophile during a coffee break so they said that
my presence among children was inappropriate in a libellous letter..
Despite the fact that they had not seen me or spoken to me before, nor
were there any children present,
Visits and my strong letters to them, their Governor's Chairman, the
Head
Education office at Carlisle
have met with total silence. The cowards have all gone to ground.
My solicitor, after several costly letters has advised I put the matter
into the hands of experienced Manchester Solicitors and brief Counsel
(at 500 pounds an hour.)
Local Executives are the craftiest rogues on this earth, marie, but
Solicitors are the most manipulative.
Now that my wife is seriously ill I have had to set aside the problem
temporarily, but when her health problem is settled one way or the other
I will have my day in Court as a Litigant in Person.
My advice to you is, bite the bullet, and unlike me, save yourself from
waking at six a.m. and unable to sleep because the problem won't go
away from your mind.
You look after yourself, marie!. Keep away from the Scum , you are a
Lady, they will besmirch you, so preserve your personal dignity and
peace of mind by walking away from it..
Doug.

3p.m.
I have just received my Solicitor's bill.
He has written about four letters and got nowhere.
£230 pounds sterling.
For NOTHING.
******