Old 18-08-2004, 01:38 AM
Bonnie

Ka30P wrote:
I've visited them also.
I have a heron and kingfisher visit my pond.
My labradors scolded the heron and it left.
I've tricked the kingfisher with a decoy but now
I let him take what he needs as he only visits for
a month every winter.

Bonnie, do tell more about the aviary!

kathy :-)
algae primer

A friend has canaries that live outdoors year round and
Ralph finally said it would be nice to be able to listen
to them, so we are in the process of constructing an aviary.
Hopefully it will be finished in September and we'll get
our birds then. It is 6' sq and 8' tall with a double entry
door. The sides and bottom are 1/2" hardware cloth with a
sloped shingled roof.
If I ever figure out how to add more photos to my web site,
I'll put some up ;-)
--
Bonnie
NJ