Old 18-08-2004, 03:17 AM
Go Fig

In article , HA HA Budys
Here wrote:

From: "Crashj"

"~ Windsong ~" wrote in message

That to me is just pure corporate greed! I bet they claimed a LOSS to
theft/damage and still made a profit, or broke even on these preformed

ponds
rather than let someone enjoy them.

C'mon, nothing like that devious an approach is required. I am sure Wal-Mart
is self insured for employee/customer theft, so there is no insurance
company to be defrauded in this case.
As far as writing off the inventory, of course they do. Profit is what taxes
are assessed on, so profit = sales-expense.
If Wal-mart does not make a profit the who are the ultimate losers? The
customer, that's who. That would be you and me.
--
Crashj

Most merchandise in stores like WalMart, Kmart and the likes of Home Depot,
Lowes, is on consignment from the manufacturer.

Not only that, if you make a return they often charge the
manufacturer/distributor full retail for that return.

jay
Tue Aug 17, 2004

That's why the stores don't
care. Whatever doesn't sell, the arrangement with the manufacturer (especially
seasonally sensitive merchandise) is to destroy it. It's cheaper than sending
it back to the manufacturer and warehousing it.