Old 18-08-2004, 07:01 AM
Franz Heymann

"aka Robbie ntlworld.com" peter.laborne@nospam wrote in message
Ok I know it was my fault for presuming the builders would properly

finish
off the garden and not taking the times to do it myself, but the

turf in my
back garden is extremely uneven and bumpy.

Now I'm not after billiard table smooth, but a little flatter would

be a
bonus. So what would be the best way of tackling it? Using a tuft

cutter,
levelling the soil, then replacing the turf......or simply rolling

it (it is
heavy clay underneath)?

If the unevenness is not too outrageous, the easy way to cope with it
is to just rake some good soil into the hollows, repeating the process
when the grass has grown strongly through the new surface, until the
lawn is acceptably level

Franz