Old 12-08-2004, 03:47 PM
Doctor John

I've tried barely straw and found it to be totally ineffective. I guess
some people report that it works - maybe in a warm climate. I put bags of
it in my pond here in Colorado, and the string algae is growing on the bags!

Dr. John
"elaine" wrote in message
. ..
We are still fighting the green pond thing although the water is clearing

bit, thanks in part to something from Laguna that is supposed to make the
suspended alagae clump therefore making it easier for your filter to grab.
Not a big fan of the chemical thing, but since it said nothing about

killing
the algae I figured I would let the SO have his way and try it. The LFS

has
bags of Barley straw pellets on sale that I would like to try but the SO
says that the tannins in it will turn the pond brown? I had never heard
this but this whole pond thing is new to me.
Thanks for the help
Elaine