Old 16-08-2004, 02:17 AM
RichToyBox

Even though you have two ponds one 70 and one 130 gallons, it is still just
one pond if the water is going from one to the other and back again, so the
pump size needs to be large enough to handle the 200 gallon total.
Recommendations for pumps is to have one that will turn over the pond volume
at least every two hours, which would be a 100 gallon per hour pump. Other
will recommend at least 1 change per hour, which makes the pump a 200 gallon
per hour pump. On a similar setup that I started with, I had a 1200 gallon
per hour pump and it made what I considered to be a nice flow.

--
RichToyBox
http://www.geocities.com/richtoybox/index.html
"jammer" wrote in message
I was unsure as to if i wanted a 70 gallon pump or a 200 gallon pump.
The waterfall is likely to run across the top and dump back into the
70 anyway, so i am as confused as i am blond!