Old 18-08-2004, 12:38 PM
hugh

In message , aka Robbie
writes
Ok I know it was my fault for presuming the builders would properly finish
off the garden and not taking the times to do it myself, but the turf in my
back garden is extremely uneven and bumpy.

Now I'm not after billiard table smooth, but a little flatter would be a
bonus. So what would be the best way of tackling it? Using a tuft cutter,
levelling the soil, then replacing the turf......or simply rolling it (it is
heavy clay underneath)?

Don't roll it, you'll only make matters worse.
If it's as uneven as you suggest then yes, remove the turf and sort it
out. Hopefully if its not too bad you may get away with just removing
the turf in the hollows, filling up with soil and relaying.
--
hugh