Old 18-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Gaby Chaudry

Hi,

first of all thanks a lot for your answer

At Lowes they are labled Lucky Bean tree's. Erythrina or Coral tree.
Yours is E. Caffra or Cape kaffirboom, or Lucky Bean Tree.

Mmmh, seems that there are various Lucky Bean trees. I have three E. caffra,
but they are completely different (nearly triangle-shaped and prickly
leaflets and also prickly stems, leaves always consisting of three
leaflets). At night, they fold their leaves together, like all other
Leguminosae trees I have. My "Lucky Bean Tree" doesn't.
But, while googling, I found a picture of "my" plant, unfortunately without
scientific name.

Anyway, the hint "Lucky Bean Tree" is quite a good starting point.
Will keep on googling.

Thanks!!
Gaby

--