Old 18-08-2004, 02:20 PM
Phil L

Nick Maclaren wrote:
:: In article ,
:: griz writes:
::::
:::: It's also called silk tree.
::::
:::: I've seen this tree growing in the front garden of a house in
:::: east London - it's massive and currently covered in flowers, so
:::: they are obviously happy outside.
::
:: I have some spare plants, incidentally, for Cambridge collectors.
::
:: It is a very borderline plant in the UK, because it needs hot
:: summers to ripen its wood for the winter, and does not like
:: waterlogging.
::
::
:: Regards,
:: Nick Maclaren.

Cheers Griz and Nick...I only have two seeds, so I'll wait until late March
and sow them in a heated frame in the greenhouse, maybe they will get well
established before Autumn when I shall take them indoors for the first
winter.

Thanks