Old 18-08-2004, 03:41 PM
Phil L

Franz Heymann wrote:
:: I am mean that lightweight double-skinned stuff which can be cut
:: with a pocket knife. It has an overall thickness of about 5 or 6
:: mm. It is translucent, but not transparent.
:: Which urgler would like to report on its usefulness for making
:: "rectangular cloches", or small portable frames?
:: What does one use for gluing two pieces together?
::
:: Franz

I've built a complete greenhouse out of it and its sturdy stuff (the thicker
stuff used for conservatory rooves)....you can't really glue it together as
it's hollow, but you can use 1X1 timber at the corners and use small screws
to hold it in place, if it's the really thin stuff, you can score it with a
knife but not cut it right through, and bend it at ninety degrees, using a
staple gun to affix it to the corner struts.

HTH