Old 18-08-2004, 11:49 PM
news.pcisys.net

1 100 gallon stock tank (Rubber maid) and 2 70 gallon stock tanks.
These are my bio/mechanical filters. Filter media: black floor scrubber
pads (cut up) and white floor scrubber pads. Two Silent giant 4300
pumps. Last weekend I built a veggie filter; 24' X 1.9' X 18" deep. I
am waiting for the liner to come in. I should have it up and running by
this weekend. Pond is in full sun most of the day.
In the bio filters, I have just stuck some arrow head and mint in just
to see what would happen. I looks like the mint and arrowhead are
living, putting down roots and my live. This morning I noticed I could
see a few inches deeper in the pond. Maybe the clouds and cooler temps
down here have helped. Any suggestions? I have been assured by my
neighbors (both ponders) that I have "plenty of filtration" for my size
pond (19' X 21' X 4.5' Irregular shaped)
We just go a quick huge storm here in the Springs. Any weather up your way?
W. Dale

MattR wrote:
What kind of filter do you have now? Size, media, etc.

Thanks

news.pcisys.net wrote:

I still have a 3/4 a bail of straw ("they" said it was barley straw)
from last year. Did not do much for the water, or so it would seem.
Maybe I had it placed improperly. From what I am reading now, it
should not be submerged all the way to the bottom and probably not
place in the bio filter either.
Maybe I will give it another try placed near the top of the water.
Water has been bright to dark green all summer with about two weeks of
partial clarity (could see maybe 2 feet down.) Veggie Filter should
come online in about 5 days (that is when the liner is supposed to
arrive.)
Nice to hear from other Coloradians! :-))))
W. Dale (Spring Ranch - Colorado Springs)