Old 18-08-2004, 11:06 PM
Sacha

On 17/8/04 23:19, in article
, "Phil L"
wrote:

At least I think it's a mimosa tree, long 'fronds' on each branch, holding
many small leaves which curl up at night, the tree itself had pinkish blooms
on it and had long pods with a few seeds in each, one of which ended up in
my suitcase (in Turkey)...would there be any possibility of having it as a
houseplant?....there's a picture here of one:
http://www.gardenerscorner.com/Mimosa.html

That's an Albizia julibrissin (IIRC) not a mimosa (Acacia)
They're half hardy but can be grown in warmer parts of the south west of
England, the Channel Isles and the Scillies. How it would do as a house
plant, I have no idea. I rather doubt it would flourish though. As it cost
you nothing, it's certainly worth a try!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk