Old 19-08-2004, 01:13 AM
Stephen Howard

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 00:29:02 +0100, "The Grate Denini"
wrote:

Greetings. I`ve had my greenhouse up not yet 2 months but am having to move
house.Can anybody advise on best way of taking the greenhouse with us.Its a
10x8 standard effort on a base.
I was contemplating trying to take it whole--but maybe not!!
So-- will it have to be a complete destruction and re-build?
Any thoughts appreciated.
Den / Silke

I think you're going to have to completely dismantle it.
The whole structure is designed so that each section ( sides, front,
rear, roof ) supports and stiffens the adjacent sections...the moment
you take one part out of the whole, it becomes very wobbly indeed -
as does the rest of the structure.

If you could perhaps find a way to attach pairs of battens along each
section to provide additional support then maybe you'd be in with a
chance of at least moving it in six parts.
Bear in mind though that the ends of each section form the start of
the next - so even with battens you're going to have to make some
'executive decisions'.

Then again, at only two months old it should come apart swiftly
enough!

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk