Old 19-08-2004, 06:10 AM
David Hershey

(ben) wrote in message . com...
my primary interest is plant physiology, but i would like to be able
to look into other areas as well.

The University of California at Davis has a very good
interdepartmental plant biology graduate program. It was called the
plant physiology graduate group when I got my Ph.D. there. The
American Society of Plant Physiologists changed their name to the
American Society of Plant Biologists in 2001 so it seems to be trendy
to call yourself a plant biologist even if you are actually are a
plant physiologist.

UC Davis is the UC agricultural campus and has numerous plant
departments both applied and basic, which gives students a wide choice
of plant courses. According to their website, the UC Davis Plant
Biology Graduate Group has over 98 faculty from 14 different
departments.

http://www-plb.ucdavis.edu/pbgg/