Old 19-08-2004, 06:16 AM
David Hershey

(ben) wrote in message . com...
my primary interest is plant physiology, but i would like to be able
to look into other areas as well.

The University of California at Davis has a very good
interdepartmental plant biology graduate program. UC Davis is the UC
agricultural campus and has numerous plant departments both applied
and basic, which gives students a wide choice of plant courses.
According to their website, the UC Davis Plant Biology Graduate Group
has over 98 faculty from 14 different departments.

http://www-plb.ucdavis.edu/pbgg/

UC Davis had a plant physiology graduate group when I got my Ph.D.
there. The American Society of Plant Physiologists changed their name
to the American Society of Plant Biologists in 2001, which seems to be
a trend. You may have to look for graduate programs called plant
biology even if you want to study plant physiology.