Old 19-08-2004, 08:38 AM
EV

Priscilla Ballou wrote:

In article ,
Françoise wrote:

Yes I ate my third tomato from my garden. These tomatoes were raised
from seeds last winter. I should say that my husband and I ate this
tomato. This tomato weight 20 oz. It was of perfect in everything shape
colour skin and taste.

I picked my first this morning. I'd had about 6-10 cherry tomatoes, but
this was the first real tomato -- a small one, but by no means a cherry.
Late year, this.

Priscilla, in cool and damp Boston

Cool and damp in Toronto too. I ate my first tomato today. It was an almost
ripe Sweet Million that would have been ready tomorrow or the next day, but
I couldn't wait. It was OK. Sweet, but thick skinned. Found an almost ripe
Ultragirl with bad blossom end rot and pest damage. But there are many more
greenies on the vines that look fine. The Brandywines are huge and far from
ripe. Many many green San Marzanos too. Sigh.