Old 14-08-2004, 03:23 AM
Susan Erickson

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:27:04 -0400, Rob Halgren
wrote:

I have always considered 'novelty' phalaenopsis to be flowers in the
desert shades (brown, orange, rust) or other hard to define colors
(pastels?). Size often is a consideration, largely because one of the
big sources for 'weird' colors are species which tend to be smaller in
the first place. Like Ray says, if it isn't big and white (or pink),
then it is probably a novelty.
Rob

This is the color definition of 'novelty' I first think of, but
it is based on Phal. I also tend to think of the really weird
flowers and things that can not be easily grown or used for cut
flowers. Most can not be easily displayed except in a backyard
tree or gh. Orchids grown for vegetative color or style not
flowers or "freaky" types of flowers.
SuE