Old 19-08-2004, 09:54 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
marie writes:

| I now know the weedkiller is called Touche.
| It's 2 main ingredients are GLYPHOSATE and DIURON.
| The council man said it was a contact herbicide, yet the rep of the
| maker said it was contact as well as systemic herbicide.
| Now i am confused, i thought it had to be one or the other...not both?
| They both refused to take responsibility for the damage, they said

Go and see a solicitor, but do check that there is a fixed (or zero)
fee for the initial discussion. Take a copy of the following pages:

http://www.chinese-pesticide.com/herbicides/diuron.htm
http://www.pan-uk.org/pestnews/pn22/pn22p17a.htm
http://cropandsoil.oregonstate.edu/n...0405/weed.html

In particular "Mode of action Systemic herbicide, absorbed principally
by the roots, with translocation acropetally in the xylem.". The
cause of death is almost certainly overuse of the diuron, causing
run-off. Whether your solicitor advises you to proceed is another
matter, but he may well write a letter and the council may settle out
of court.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.