Old 19-08-2004, 10:13 AM
Franz Heymann

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 13:43:48 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 14/8/04 12:09, in article ,

"Kay"
wrote:

snip Comes back to definition of 'feelings' doesn't it? Does

someone
whose
nervous system is shot to hell have less 'feelings' than the rest

of us?
Less physical sensation, yes, but their emotions are intact, and

their
capacity for distress.

I'm inclined to think it's something to do with the extent to

which the
control systems are centralised.

Do you remember there was something written about experiments in

this line?
Was it in The Secret Life of Plants? I seem to recall something

about a
scientist burning the leaf of a plant with a cigarette and then the

plant
was hooked up to electrodes to register its 'reactions'. When the

same man
entered the room again there was - apparently - a distinct reaction

from the
plant. I may not be remembering this very clearly but it was along

those
lines.

Is this thread leading to giving up eating food all together? ;-)

Just paint yourself green, do your own photosynthesising act and drink
mineral waters.

Franz