Old 19-08-2004, 11:48 AM
Doug Kanter

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

Some of our neighbors are going to be in therapy soon. The

fundamentalist
Christian family four doors up just sold their house to a lesbian

couple.
heard about it from a neighbor who heard about it from someone on

another
street! The women haven't even moved in yet. God only knows what

they
say
about me. I sort of hope that it pushes some of them over-the-edge

and
they
move. I wonder what they say about the unmarried heterosexual couples

of
the serially divorced people who live on our street. If they only

focused
that energy on their kids. Most of them don't have a clue where their
pre-school kids are much of the day. You can't leave your garage open

while
you do yard work or they are in there exploring.

Yeah...I've seen those kids. Last week, our electric company was digging

up
front lawns for some reason in my ex wife's neighborhood. It was her

turn
when I stopped to pick up my son. There was an 8 ft deep 10x10 hole in

the
ground, covered by boards. My son (15) pointed out to me that a board

had
been moved. In the trench were two 10 yr old kids, "exploring". They'd

tied
a rope to the fire hydrant and lowered themselves in. We returned them

their homes. One parent wasn't there. The other said "boys will be

boys!".
Since I don't live there any more, I don't care what they think of me,

so
whispered the truth in her ear. If there weren't laws against assault, I
think she would've assaulted me. :-)

The popular toys this year seem to be motorized cars and scooters. The
fundamentalist, who don't watch their kids, got their 4 year old an

electric
Jeep. Last night around dusk, he slammed it into the neighbors mailbox
post, breaking the post. It was a hit-and-run. Another neighbor saw it

and
let our neighbor know what happened. When they approached the boy's

father
to tell him what happened, the man didn't even express any concern or
apologize. I guess he said that the post was most likely rotted anyway

and
after looking at it he just walked away. After a few steps, he turned
around and said if it didn't "cost too much" he would help pay for the
damage! I wonder if they teach that in the Old Testament or the New
Testament?

Why didn't someone call the police?