Old 19-08-2004, 11:51 AM
Doug Kanter

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message
The message
from "Vox Humana" contains these words:

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in

message

Is that called the silver-ring pledge or some such? They've been on

mission over here fairly recently but I don't know what reception they
got.

I don't know about "silver-ring" but I can assure you that it is George
Bush's "silver lining" when it comes to generating votes among his
fundamentalist base. There are only two issues that concern the

religious
right - sex, and sex.

It's hard to imagine here. ISTR 10 % or less of the UK population
attend Christian church.

Janet.

In 1968, my parents took my sisters and I on a trip to Europe, which
included (as I recall) 45 minutes in England. My mother was a bit concerned
because television showed quite a bit more skin than was considered proper
here in the states. My conclusion: Your civilization is quite advanced. You
also gave the world Monty Python.