Old 19-08-2004, 12:10 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Walt Davidson writes:
| On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:39:31 +0100, "GwG" wrote:
|
| in fact, I have never even considered that there
| could be a problem, but to suggest jailing me for not being aware,
| without even offering any education on the subject, seems a bit extreme.
|
| Ignorance of the law is no defence. It is an offence to pollute the
| atmosphere ... full stop.

No, it isn't. If it were, using a motor vehicle would be a crime.
And spraying a fence is not an offence.

| One of the wood preservative agents mentioned in an earlier posting
| contains a particularly toxic cocktail of pollutants.

If you mean creosote then, yes, it does. But they are not particularly
volatile, and the main danger is to the person applying it. It is
also grossly exaggerated by the scientifically ignorant.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.