Old 19-08-2004, 08:06 PM
Frank Logullo

Default how to keep deer away from your plants

"Laur" wrote in message
m...
Dear fellow gardeners,
I have a small garden, and have had one every year for the past
couple of years. I've never had deer eat anything. One reason is
because I grow herbs in my garden, and deer don't like herbs. Also,
to keep bugs away from our tomato plants, I surround the perimeter of
the garden with marigolds. I hope that this helps.
Laurie

You've just been lucky. Deer get hungry enough they will eat anything
green. I had a 6 point buck and 2 does walk up to me within 15 yards
yesterday while cutting the grass with my self propelled (noisy) mower.
When my chestnuts start dropping nuts you have to throw stuff at them to
keep them away ;(
Frank