Old 19-08-2004, 09:25 PM
Françoise

EV wrote:

Priscilla Ballou wrote:

In article ,
Françoise wrote:

Yes I ate my third tomato from my garden. These tomatoes were raised
from seeds last winter. I should say that my husband and I ate this
tomato. This tomato weight 20 oz. It was of perfect in everything shape
colour skin and taste.

I picked my first this morning. I'd had about 6-10 cherry tomatoes, but
this was the first real tomato -- a small one, but by no means a cherry.
Late year, this.

Priscilla, in cool and damp Boston

Cool and damp in Toronto too. I ate my first tomato today. It was an
almost
ripe Sweet Million that would have been ready tomorrow or the next
day, but
I couldn't wait. It was OK. Sweet, but thick skinned. Found an almost ripe
Ultragirl with bad blossom end rot and pest damage. But there are many
more
greenies on the vines that look fine. The Brandywines are huge and far
from
ripe. Many many green San Marzanos too. Sigh.

Because so many of you were also waiting to see some red on their
tomatoes, I feel better; I am not the only one. In Montréal, the season
is so short that we feel that we have no time to lose. In October, the
season is finished here. Today I saw at least 4 big tomatoes almost
ready. From now on I will have so many that I should be prepared for
some work. It was the first time that I raised them from seed and I was
not sure how they would turn up. So I planted 16 tomato plants. Crazy?
For sure! My children are gone from the nest so we are only the two of
us. My children who are living not too far will get quite a few tomatoes
free; I imagine.

Françoise.