Old 19-08-2004, 10:12 PM
escapee

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 20:48:05 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
opined:

"escapee" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 15:38:29 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

opined:

Hmmm....rugosa. Forgot about that. They not only survived the worst abuse
imaginable at my last house (drought, rock salt, falling ice chunks), but
they actually thrived.

Yes, but as a foundation plant, wouldn't you want something evergreen?

Maybe. But, this will require much professional planning which, in my
garden, means placing the big lounge chair in the appropriate spot and
having the right tools nearby: Beer, and several hundred pounds of books &
catalogs. :-)

That's a combination of conditions for a good time! How do yaupon hollies do up
there? I know they are natives here in TX, but outside of that I don't recall
seeing them up north for the first 37 years of my life.