Old 19-08-2004, 10:42 PM
Kay Lancaster

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 03:07:38 GMT, Priscilla Ballou wrote:
I'm assuming it's a grass. All I remember of it is its stem --
clarification: my memory is that the plant was nothing but a bunch of
these stems. Each round stem (of maybe 1/8 - 1/4 inch diameter?) could
fairly easily be pulled apart into sections of about an inch or more (?)
in length. There were joints in each stem where the separation would

Search at http://images.google.com for the word "Equisetum". These are
the horsetails and scouring rushes, with a prominent spore-bearing generation.
More closely allied with ferns than with true grasses, which are seed plants.
Species in Michigan a
Equisetum arvense
E. fluviatile
E. hyemale