Old 14-08-2004, 09:04 AM
Xi Wang

Besides, if you leave the spike, you might just get some keikis. Never
know.

Cheers,
Xi

Wendy wrote:
On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:19:19 +0000 (UTC), David Hewitt wrote:

My phalaenopsis has flowered beautifully for several months but the flowers
dropping off now. As a complete novice to orchids my question is this... do
I prune back the plant and if so how far back and at what time of year?

Have searched a few books and websites but not found the answer to this
question.

Thanks in anticipation
Joyce

Welcome Joyce, Although I don't do well with Phals, my mentor
told me that a rule of thumb would be to cut only brown or straw coloured
spikes etc. Make the cut just above a node.
Feel free to ask more questions, this is a great group.
Cheers Wendy