Old 15-08-2004, 05:47 AM
Susan Erickson

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 00:12:50 GMT, "K Barrett"
wrote:

I created a power point presentation on my home computer. I transferred the
file to my laptop (just to be sure I could) via a memory stick. Now I can't
alter/edit the presentation on my home computer. But I *can* edit the
presentation on my laptop.

Any help? Any webpage tutorials on powerpoint?

I hate microsoft. If I was smarter/younger I'd go linux.

K Barrett

MS thinks you have one file and have taken the rights to change
with the copy (a part of the original). You did not close PPT
and copy the file. You saved it to your hard drive and to the
smart stick from within the program. You have to go outside the
program, then the system does not keep the copy "original."

Generally you can get up date rights back by making a copy over
the original - not with PPT but with the old right click, copy
file command set.

Bad news is that sometimes they corrupt and never unlock. So
keep the laptop handy.

SuE