Old 15-08-2004, 02:18 PM
GARLAND HANSON

I think if you go out and buy a nice phal or oncidium from Home Depot,
Lowes, or Trader Joe's you'll feel better.

Good Luck!

Garland
P.S. It's not PowerPoint or Microsoft's fault, it's yours or your hardware.
sorry

"K Barrett" wrote in message
I created a power point presentation on my home computer. I transferred

the
file to my laptop (just to be sure I could) via a memory stick. Now I

can't
alter/edit the presentation on my home computer. But I *can* edit the
presentation on my laptop.

What's up with that? Is that the way its supposed to happen? Once a
presentation is copied, never can you alter it?

In this case its a good thing. I can have the 2 computers open side by

side
so I can research and edit at will. But sheesh. If I didn't have the

2nd
computer ( like if I copied the file to a friend's computer and later she
wanted me to edit the original) I'd be screwed.

I can open each existing slide. I can open each existing text box. But I
can't put any new keystrokes into that box. Nor can I add pics or

anything
else onto a slide. IIRC I can move slides around, but I can't add new
slides.

Any help? Any webpage tutorials on powerpoint?

I hate microsoft. If I was smarter/younger I'd go linux.

K Barrett