Old 15-08-2004, 04:50 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

The pump is going to be in a 70 gallon, pumping up to a 130 gallon flowing
back into the 70 gallon? Usually you want your larger pond at the lower
level so the level drop when pump is on is not as noticable, and/or when
pump is off, over flow is minimal. (Does that make sense?) ~ jan

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 22:43:45 -0500, jammer wrote:

I'm changing that to a 3 ft. lift. What do you think about this pump?
I am estimating 200 total gallons between the two pond, but the pump
will sit in a 70 gallon pond....

Fountain Pro 300 Pumps 300 gph, lifts 75 " high, flow control.

Very quiet and powerful pump, 12' cord.

For large statuary or medium size pond.

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:19:15 GMT, "Grubber"
wrote:

"jammer" wrote in message
. ..
I have a 70 gallon preform in the ground. I am getting ready to add

150? gallon preform that will empty into it. (Add eventually a
waterfall behind that) I was given a Flotec FPOS2400A-08 (That 3rd
digit is either a zero or an oh) It has 1/3 hp, a 20 foot tall
fountain and runs about 3000gpm. Holy cow. I need something smaller
but i dont know what i need or even what this one is worth because

you
have to call the store for prices. I would like to trade it.
*What am i looking for?
And for now there wont be a stream. The lift? From surface where
pump will be, to place where water fall will be is about 6-8 ft.

I'd suggest a Laguna or Danner Pondmaster, and shoot for volume of

your
total gallons once per hour, at the 8 ft head. That's probably going

to be
pump rated at 5-700 GPH at no head, but look at the literature on the

pumps
to be sure.

www.azponds.com has a good selection at low prices.

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~