Old 19-08-2004, 08:29 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Jackie Green . uk wrote:
Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Pete C writes:

Also bear in mind creosote type stuff stinks like crazy, and might
not make your garden a more pleasant environment, or endear you to
your neighbours. It's probably overkill for a fence, there are
better alternatives available.

Like what? Creosote works, BECAUSE it is nasty. Most of the others
are fairly useless as preservatives, though they come in pretty
colours.

I know this link is for Solihul, but it is a countrywide law and this site
explains it quite well.
http://www.solihull.gov.uk/wwwce/asp...cle.asp?id=349

That figures. "Domestic use isn't a serious problem, so we are making
it illegal." Typical of those idiots.

But that wasn't the point. I queried the statement that there were
better products available. Most of the gimmicky ones encouraged for
domestic use will colour the wood, and do little else.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.