Old 19-08-2004, 08:47 PM
Franz Heymann

"Walt Davidson" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 15:31:20 +0100, "GwG" wrote:

Without doubt, noxious vapours emitted as a result of spraying

garden
fences with preservatives would come under the heading of "fumes or
gases from private dwellings".

Which idiot other than you would contemplate spraying his garden fence
from a position in his private dwelling? Surely it would be more
efficacious to stand right next to the fence?

Even an unpleasant odour from the
preservative agent used might be deemed to "interfere with a

person's
legitimate use of land, such as neighbours in their homes and
gardens".

As would a mighty fart.

Have you ever been in the countryside when the farmers are occupied
with muckspreading? Is it illegal? My house and garden are enveloped
in what is euphemistically called an agricultural smell at those
times. Do you really think I could sue the farmers?

Franz