Old 19-08-2004, 08:47 PM
Franz Heymann

"Walt Davidson" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:39:31 +0100, "GwG" wrote:

in fact, I have never even considered that there
could be a problem, but to suggest jailing me for not being aware,
without even offering any education on the subject, seems a bit

extreme.

Ignorance of the law is no defence. It is an offence to pollute the
atmosphere ... full stop.

That is twaddle. Think of motor cars, electric power plants,
bonfires, incinerators.............

One of the wood preservative agents mentioned in an earlier posting
contains a particularly toxic cocktail of pollutants.

Which preservative?
What does the cocktail of pollutants consist of?
Why should spraying a fence necessarily pollute the atmosphere? I
would have thought the spray components which don't land on the fence
would settle out in a matter of a few tens of seconds.

Franz