Old 19-08-2004, 08:47 PM
Franz Heymann

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
Walt Davidson writes:
| On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:39:31 +0100, "GwG" wrote:
|
| in fact, I have never even considered that there
| could be a problem, but to suggest jailing me for not being

aware,
| without even offering any education on the subject, seems a bit

extreme.

| Ignorance of the law is no defence. It is an offence to pollute

the
| atmosphere ... full stop.

No, it isn't. If it were, using a motor vehicle would be a crime.
And spraying a fence is not an offence.

| One of the wood preservative agents mentioned in an earlier

posting
| contains a particularly toxic cocktail of pollutants.

If you mean creosote then, yes, it does. But they are not

particularly
volatile, and the main danger is to the person applying it. It is
also grossly exaggerated by the scientifically ignorant.

Unless my memory is wrong, creosote is no longer a component of the
wood preservatives on the retail market.

Franz