Old 19-08-2004, 10:31 PM
Franz Heymann

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:37:05 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote

http://www.ebirthdaycards.org/traditions.htm

That made an interesting read.
Franz

I read it too and found the description of Dutch tradition a

little
lacking.............The 'birthday bash' is about the only thing I

HATE about
Holland. It's a minefield of rules, tradition and one can easily

upset all and
sundry by not complying with the (unspoken) rules"~(

Found this site which covers it well :
http://www.haarlemshuffle.com/expatzone/life/page2.html

They seem to have missed buttered rusks covered in 100s and 1000s.

I will have a look at it. In the meantime, it sounds as if it

might
have affinities with what my friend in Holland once said the

correct
form of addressing me in Holland would be, namely Zeer
HoochWeledelgeleerde Heer Professor Doktor Heymann

Gawd now you have given away to Dutch speakers that you are not the
rambling village idiot after all :-)

But I am, Martin, I am.

Franz