Old 19-08-2004, 10:31 PM
Franz Heymann

"derryl" wrote in message

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:13:11 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"derryl" wrote in message
.. .
Hi Robbie

The reason for uneven turf maybe sod worms which cause major

damage,
they are out in the dark of night, The best way to manage this

would
be a major incecticidal drench and repeat as requred.

What are sod worms?

Sod worms are giant earthworms. Thei castings are deposited on the
turf to make the lawn very bumpy.

Why not just scrape them flat with the edge of your shoe?

they are active at night. When a
heavy rain falls they are found on the side walks drowned..

They sound to me as if they are just one of the many species of common
or garden earthworms. Their activity constitutes the only digging
activity carried out in my garden. I would not be without them, even
if you offered to pay me for getting rid of them.

Are you perhaps posting from some distant country where such giant
earthworms might actually exist?

Franz