Old 19-08-2004, 11:00 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Sacha wrote:

I'm not sure I'm following you correctly, Rodger. Mimosa which is correctly
called Acacia is not Albizia. Mimosas have yellow flowers, Albizia have
pink flowers and the two shapes are quite different. We can't be discussing
Albizia as mimosa or vice versa - they're completely separate plants. Or
have I misunderstood you? Are you saying that you've seen both Albizia and
mimosa growing near you? Or is it that Albizia is known as mimosa in USA?

And in Europe. It is sometimes called pink mimosa. Well, if we can
call a rowan a mountain ash, why not?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.