Old 20-08-2004, 12:48 AM
Jabba

"Phil L" wrote in message
Sacha wrote:
:: I'm the least likely member of this group to discuss food growing
:: but has anyone else noticed that tomatoes are watery and
:: flavourless this year? Our are grown in large pots in a mix of
:: soil and compost, in a large glass house. Each year, until this
:: one, they have tasted sublime. This year they ripened late,
:: cropped poorly and taste of nothing much at all. ;-( --

At least they can't taste any worse than those hideous lumps from the
supermarket - they *look* like tomatoes and that's where the similarity
ends...I can't say I've tasted greenhouse toms for a while now but I'll
wager they are a thousand times better than Asda's!

Probably depends which ones you buy and how you store them. I like the plum
tom's but only when they have been in the vegetable rack for a few days.