Old 16-08-2004, 04:54 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 02:14:47 GMT, "Crashj"
wrote:

Is that because of the new water you are putting in each time you flush, or
something else? Do you have to add dechlorinator?

The reason for adding Baking Soda? No, not because of the new water, (and
dechlor. is always wise when adding new) but something about the
pressurized system itself, beats the KH right out of the water. I'm sure it
is a chemistry related thing, but I can't tell you what or how.

I did send this question into the chemistry expert on the KHA board, so
I'll let you know. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~