Old 20-08-2004, 09:18 AM
Franz Heymann

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 19:47:23 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Walt Davidson" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:01:53 +0100, "GwG" wrote:

It would have been helpful to have a reference to a particular

law
regarding fence spraying, (as this is what is being discussed

here),
then I might be suitably informed of what I am being ignorant

about. Is
it just certain chemicals that should not be sprayed, or is it

illegal
to spray any preservatives on a fence, no matter how safe that
preservative may be?

THE ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION ACT 1990 (EPA 1990)
Part I: Integrated Pollution Control (IPC) and Local Authority

Air
Pollution Control (LAAPC)

Section PG6/33(97) - wood coating processes.

It is difficult for me to get a copy of that document. Perhaps you
couls post one or two relevant sentences here? You would then be
educating a large number of urglers simultaneously.

It's all here
http://www.hmso.gov.uk/acts/acts1990...00043_en_1.htm

Thanks for the link. However, I don't aim to read all of that, which
is why I asked Walt Davidson to post one or two relevant sentences
here. He did, after all, claim to be familiar with the situation.

Franz