Old 20-08-2004, 11:16 AM
Franz Heymann

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 19:47:20 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Walt Davidson" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:39:31 +0100, "GwG" wrote:

in fact, I have never even considered that there
could be a problem, but to suggest jailing me for not being

aware,
without even offering any education on the subject, seems a bit

extreme.

Ignorance of the law is no defence. It is an offence to pollute

the
atmosphere ... full stop.

That is twaddle. Think of motor cars, electric power plants,
bonfires, incinerators.............

Think Clean Air Act.

Incinerators were banned ten years ago in NL , they produced all

sorts
of nasty things including dioxins.

As do barbecues fired with wood.

People living down wind of the
incinerators were far less healthy than the rest of the population,
high incidences of respiratory diseases etc.

One of the wood preservative agents mentioned in an earlier

posting
contains a particularly toxic cocktail of pollutants.

Which preservative?

creosote

What does the cocktail of pollutants consist of?

a mix of pollutants

Why should spraying a fence necessarily pollute the atmosphere?

He thought of creosote.

would have thought the spray components which don't land on the

fence
would settle out in a matter of a few tens of seconds.

not if they are aerosols.

An air-driven sprayer does not produce much by way of aerosols.

Franz