Old 20-08-2004, 01:18 PM
Fritz von Herbenfeller

I have found pure Perlite, medium particle size works for almost
everything. I have an automatic mister which I control to spray every 30 min
at this time of year, maybe only every couple hours in cool damp weather. I
do use a rooting hormone too. I root a lot of stuff and even reuse it
sometimes for easy stuff like Rosemary. Use clean material if you are just
using a little. Repotting after rooting for some things is sometimes tricky
because the roots you get this way are a tad abmormal and you have to use a
very well drained potting soil and even an occasional foilage wetting until
normal feeding roots develop. Feed with fish emusion for awhile. I once
rooted a bunch of lilac and then lost a lot in the transplanting process by
not paying enough attention at this stage.