Old 20-08-2004, 09:24 AM
Rodney Pont

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 20:16:52 GMT, Newbie Bill wrote:

Now your just confusing the issue, since you guys have money called a
pound which probably doesnt weigh an ounce or a gram, but which can probably
be exchanged for a pint either Am or Eng.

Me confusing the issue... it depends on which side of the pond you are
:-)

As for the money pound fifty of them can weigh just slightly more than
one of them or one of them can weigh hundreds of times more than fifty,
take your pick :-)

One of them certainly couldn't be exchanged for a pint of some common
things though any more. I remember a landlord telling me a pint would
never be a pound because people wouldn't stand for it, showing my age
now :-)

--
Regards - Rodney Pont