Old 20-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Gunnar Savage

The first year we planted tulips, the same thing happened. Squirrels. Last
year after planting some more, we laid chicken wire down over the top of the
planted bulbs, and they (the squirrels and other bulb thieves) couldn't get
to them. This Spring when they started coming up, we removed the chicken
wire, and as far as I could tell, we didn't lose a single one to the little
thieves.
--Scott

"Ted Shoemaker" wrote in message
om...
Frogleg wrote in message

. ..
How lucky you are to have tulips that
multiply instead of disappearing!

The first fall, we planted about 400 flowers. We mainly fed the
squirrels. About 10% of them came up the next spring. Fewer still
came up the next year. This one batch of tulips is the exception.

Ted Shoemaker