Old 20-08-2004, 04:41 PM
The Reids

Following up to Malcolm

I saw a veggie on TV who would only eat individual leaves from a
plant to avoid killing it!

LOL! Presumably that means that no root crops can be eaten. And what
about seeds like rice or pulses. Each one has the potential to be a
plant so how could one eat those, either?

the presenter asked him if it caused him any problems and he
said only that he wife had left him! I cant remember what his
rules on potential life (seeds etc) were, IIRC he had gradually
got more and more extreme, an obsession I suspect rather than a
rational approach to moral eating. Still, its his choice.

Having read all this stuff I keep finding myself looking round
quickly on the allotment and I swear some bindweed tried to trip
me up the other day, its not paranoia, they *are* watching me.
:-)
Perhaps if I get the compost heap consecrated they will be
placated? But I couldn't put flowers on it, could I?
--
Mike Reid
If god wanted us to be vegetarians he wouldn't have made animals out of meat.