Old 20-08-2004, 06:22 PM
Bill R

Ted Shoemaker wrote:
Frogleg wrote in message . ..

How lucky you are to have tulips that
multiply instead of disappearing!

The first fall, we planted about 400 flowers. We mainly fed the
squirrels. About 10% of them came up the next spring. Fewer still
came up the next year. This one batch of tulips is the exception.

Ted Shoemaker

Here is the method that I use to keep the squirrels from
bothering my bulbs: Right after you plant them be sure to
water them well. Then take some moth balls and crush them
up (moth flakes work better but in the last few years I have
not been able to find them at a reasonable cost). Sprinkle
them on top of the area where your bulbs are planted. Rake
them in a little (it helps to leave them close to and on top
of of the surface). I have been using this method for my
bulbs for years and it has worked well for me. I also have
tried putting pepper on the area where the bulbs were
planted but that didn't work well for me and that is why I
switched to moth balls.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850